PDA

View Full Version : Performance Improvements In Crysis 1.1

Grogan
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
"When the Crysis was released, it was so slow that unless you had the latest and highest-end PC hardware in the market, you could end up watching a Crysis slideshow instead. It was obviously not an acceptable situation. On January 8, 2008, Crytek released the long-awaited Crysis patch 1.1 which mainly addressed its performance deficiencies, as well as a few bug fixes and tweaks. Will this patch finally allow gamers to run Crysis on their current hardware?"

http://www.techarp.com/article/Game_Benchmark_Guide/Crysis_1.1/icon_big.png (www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=498)

TechARP (www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=498) has the article.

floppybootstomp
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
My spec is in my sig.

Crysis, for me, has run mostly ok, but it still has minor issues, even with the latest patch.

And if you want to run it in Vista to get the benefits of DX10 - forget it, it don't look no different and it throws up more issues than within XP.

I think maybe Games Developers are going beyond their station.

For now, instead of going all out for a graphical wank-fest, just concentrate on gameplay, ok? We really would apreciate that a whole lot more.

Grogan
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't like Crysis. Great graphics (but slow unless the quality is reduced), but I don't like the game play. At least the demo, anyways... I spent most of it running around with insufficient ammo, running up to armed adversaries and beating them.

No sale, here.