Thread: Is this art gone mad...4722 days old

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    07:37 AM

Is this art gone mad...

On the 9 December Madonna is handing out a cheque for 20,000 to the winner of this years Turner Prize in London.

Included in this years entrants is an exhbit by Martin Creed which is composed of an entirely empty exhibtion room consisting of 4 empty white painted walls and the ceiling ligts going On and Off every 5 seconds...

Here is report from the London Evening Standard http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/dynami...text_id=430081

Kind and Gentle Healing Spirit Emmkaye's Avatar
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    12:37 AM
    If a person's art is a subconcious depiction of the maker's soul...
    this person is empty,benign and barely alive. Emms

Sierra Alpine Egressor frombadtraverse's Avatar
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-22-2014
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Doesn't sound very original, I've seen variations on that theme before. Though the one I saw had dim lights and music, not blinking lights. What does Madonna know about art?

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time

licky Well, the "Lights going ON and OFF" entry won!!!!

Originally posted by frombadtraverse
    Doesn't sound very original, I've seen variations on that theme before. Though the one I saw had dim lights and music, not blinking lights. What does Madonna know about art?
    Hi FBT - you may have seen variations, but did the person win 20,000, get handed it by Madonna ( I know no big shakes, but she is quite difficult to book) and the most amazing thing, winning the Turner Prize, ( it is a fairly prestigious prize to win in the UK art world, though maybe not quite so much over recent years)

Read about the winner here in the London Evening Standard.
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/dynami...text_id=438085

My verdict - this is totally potty!

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-22-2014
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    I'm sorry, but if "everybody can do this at home" remind me why you won the award again? All this artsy shit's just another way for rich people to waste their money instead of helping the unfortunate. Bet some old fool's gonna buy the award winning room and put it in his/her mansion.
    Life is an unrelenting comedy. Therein lies the tragedy of it. - Martin Stillwater
    Dude, check out my DVD Collection!

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    What a load of crap! (Lights on Lights off)

I'm no artist, thats why I don't do art, however, neither is this person, so whay can't they pick another profession too.

I was watching TV last week and noticed a program that was interviewing the lady who did the bedroom scene (Where she displayed her own bed and dirty clothes etc) She was going on about how she had complained to the gallery because the person that setup the display put the bed sheets on wrongly. I saw the before and after picture and also one of the original "art". None of the photos matched up. So, this must proove that the "artist" didnt have a clue on how it looked or how she orginally "created" this "amazing" art.

Then she slagged off people who don't apreciate this kind of art. Her words were something like "People who have a degree in art will apreciate this, however people who don't won't have the depth to understand it"

What a load of crap.

(Need to cound to 10 now )

Dewy, Cheatum, And Howe martzweb's Avatar
    Threads
    Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    06:37 AM

angry what a load of old bollocks.......

i can remember when damien hurst won the turner prize for cutting a cow (?) in half and putting it in a clear perspex tank full of formaldahide......

....... but then he made no secret of the fact he was taking the piss.

pretentious nonsense like this deserves ridicule rather than praise. i think i might win it next year for my peice entitled "bum fluff in the crack of my arse"

rubbish.....utter rubbish........

Registered User A Demons Vision's Avatar
    Threads
    Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    ok, there is a first time to hear everything......cutting cows in half, ffs martz would have to bring that one up first !!

sickboy....sickboy
    Tae Kwon Dont.

Damien

Don't hate the player, Hate the game!

http://bt.com/homeplan/home.jsp?BV_S...K&obsOID=71774

EXECUTIVE TOILET SCRUBBER James's Avatar
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    02:37 AM

perplexed Been giving meself a headache

Trying to find a proper way to reply to this.I'm an artist also.i have no formal training.now never having seen this work,i rely on the mental image i conjure from all your decriptions.

the people who support the arts,at the highest levels.often support bullshit artists,because they havent the balls to tell these phoneys the truth of what they think of their remarkable,insightful masterpiece.for fear of appearing artistically
    retarted.

this light on/off is just another attempt by a artist to make a name for themself by displaying stupidty,and trying to convince us stupid uneducated viewers,that years or creative thought and insight went into the creation or this uninspiring waste of space.

i however know what i consider art,so ofcourse this is only my opinion.my suggestion to this degreed (PHD) artist,is to take your prize money and invest it wisely.

only a very small % of people will want to see or buy this crap so don't quit your day job!

Disclaimer: No real or imaginary artists were hurt in the production of this post.again this post is MY OWN opinion and in no way supported or endorsed by Bitbenderforums.com nor it's management.
    All that is gold does not glitter,not all those who wander are lost ....

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time

Re: what a load of old bollocks.......

Originally posted by martzweb
    pretentious nonsense like this deserves ridicule rather than praise. i think i might win it next year for my peice entitled "bum fluff in the crack of my arse"
    Hehe - you prbably would win, you probably would.....

Dewy, Cheatum, And Howe martzweb's Avatar
    Threads
    Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time
    .....and thats the scary thing TV...... i probably would, especially as i'm a talentless gimp

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-23-2014
    Local Time

Cool art

Me and my mate was wandering around an art exhibition on the South Bank one day when we stumbled across a canvas about 10' x 5'. The canvas had a white background with a grid of yellow lines about 1" thick forming squares of about 1'.

I paused to look at it and commented "What a load of bollocks, I could have done that".

My friend replied "But you didn't though, did you".

That made me think.

I still think it's all bollocks though Anybody remember that 'submarine' made out old rubber tyres outside the Tate gallery? And somebody setting fire to it? Hee-hee