I been thinking about it for a while, now I think I'm going to go for a RAID setup. Using an Abit KT7 RAID with Athlon T-Bird 1.2 @ 1.320, 256MB Crucial 133 CS2.
Have a couple of IBM 20Gb GX60P I'm going to use in a Striping array. They'll be replacing an IBM 30Gb GX75p which has managed to pick itself up a virus 'WORD_BADTRANS.B'.
Picking up the virus was the clincher, I think I'll wipe the bugger clean.
I'm using XP, so could anybody confirm this is the right way to go about it?
1) Attach 2 formatted HDD's to IDE's 3 + 4. Both HDD's set to 'Master'.
2) Set all boot devices to ATA100.
3) Enter RAID controller set-up and configure as stripe. Turn computer off.
4) Set first boot device to CD ROM drive.
5) Boot and install XP.
6) Re-boot and set first boot device to ATA100.
Will it really be as simple as that or is there anything else I should know about? TIA.