gssapi.h is actually a mozilla header (internal, used to build it). What I did was just copied it to /usr/include from a firefox source tree. It's a mistake that the build doesn't include it.
Here is how I compile Chromium.
First of all, the gyp configuration
See Post #41 for revised procedure. I just run it out of /opt/chromium now with no bin or lib directories. That simplifies things a little
Note that I manually install mine to /opt/chromium... use the -Dlinux_sandbox_path to the same as in your SlackBuild, if you're going to use it to build a package.
build/gyp_chromium --depth=. -Dgcc_version=45 -Duse_gconf=0 -Ddisable_nacl=1 -Duse_gnome_keyring=0 -Dlinux_link_gnome_keyring=0 -Dremove_webcore_debug_symbols=1 -Dremoting=0 -Dchromeos=0 -Dwerror=0 -Dno_strict_aliasing=1 -Dwerror= -Dlinux_sandbox_path=/opt/chromium/lib/chrome_sandbox -Dlinux_strip_binary=1 -Dproprietary_codecs=1 -Duse_system_libjpeg=1 -Duse_system_libxslt=0 -Duse_system_libxml=0 -Duse_system_bzip2=1 -Duse_system_zlib=1 -Duse_system_libpng=0 -Duse_system_yasm=1 -Duse_system_libevent=1 -Dffmpeg_branding=Chrome -Duse_system_ffmpeg=0 -Duse_system_ssl=0
Note that I am not using system libxml and libxslt. That was the cause of the problems.
I compile it like this:
Change -march= to your cpu type. e.g. -march=k8 for an athlon 64 or -march=barcelona for newer ones (see The GCC Manual) Omit the -march= if unsure, or use -mtune= for a safer optimization.
time CFLAGS="-march=core2 -fPIC" CXXFLAGS="-march=core2 -fPIC -fno-ipa-cp" make chrome chrome_sandbox BUILDTYPE=Release -j10 V=1
That takes 15 minutes on my box, with all 8 processor threads blazing. Adjust -j to number of CPU threads + 1 or 2 jobs. (e.g. on a dual core processor -j3 or so) Mine is a quad core i7 with hyperthreading and -j10 works best for me.
As I said, I want mine in /opt, I don't really want it installed to the system. I made a script to (re)install mine:
The version string at the top needs to change. (To the same as the build directory)
mkdir -p /opt/chromium/lib
mkdir -p /opt/chromium/bin
rm -rf /opt/chromium/lib/*
rm -f /usr/share/pixmaps/chromium.png
strip -p chrome
strip -p chrome_sandbox
strip -p --strip-unneeded libffmpegsumo.so
cp chrome /opt/chromium/lib
cp chrome_sandbox /opt/chromium/lib
chmod 4555 /opt/chromium/lib/chrome_sandbox
cp chrome.pak /opt/chromium/lib
cp resources.pak /opt/chromium/lib
cp libffmpegsumo.so /opt/chromium/lib
cp product_logo_48.png /usr/share/pixmaps/chromium.png
cp -a locales /opt/chromium/lib
cp -a resources /opt/chromium/lib
chown -R root:root /opt/chromium/lib/locales
chown -R root:root /opt/chromium/lib/resources
ln -sf ../lib/chrome chrome
ln -sf ../lib/chrome_sandbox chrome_sandbox
ln -sf /opt/chromium/bin/chrome chrome
ln -sf /opt/chromium/bin/chrome_sandbox chrome_sandbox
That reminds me, I haven't done a build in a few days. I guess now is the time.