Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    09:01 AM

question I-Tunes problem

My daughter has an I-Phone 3GS that is synced to I-Tunes installed on my AMD/Bedroom computer. There are about 40 to 50 playlists in I-Tunes most of which are albums.

It had been working fine then she updated I-Phone software. Now only about 10 of the albums in I-Tunes work on her phone. All the rest refuse to play. When the I-Phone is plugged in to the computer I-Tunes starts and it goes through the sync sequence. All the music in I-Tunes plays fine on the computer but only about a quarter of it on my daughter's phone.

Anybody have any ideas?

(I'm not holding my breath on this one but it must be worth a try )

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    02:01 AM
    Sounds like Apple is up to their same old "we own everything including the phone you paid for" bullshit.

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

Aye, that it does, that it does and I agree with you but it don't get me no nearer to solving prob.

Threads

Awards Showcase

Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    True that.... But then it's not the first time Apple played the keep certain things from working game...

Last time they screwed with people's music, it took a lawsuit to get them to fix it.

So... Music that plays purchased through itunes? format/bitrate differences between what it will and won't play?

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

Fank you Fing

No music purchased through I-Tunes.

Majority of music here ripped from CD or mp3 folders on hard disk.

Will have to check on bitrate differences but far as I can see it's all from mp3 files or straight from CD.

One anomaly I noticed is that it seems to be all older albums that play ok, all those over 5 years old seem to play, newer ones do not (on the I-Phone only, everything plays on the computer within I-Tunes ok).

The Stealth Mod
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Steve
    Blog Entries
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    Another thing came to mind - were those songs by any chance ones purchased before iTunes stopped sticking DRM on them all? I'm wondering if it could be because those songs are authorized on your computer, but not on the iphone? It's been a while since I bought any music on iTunes so I don't know the current state of things, DRM-wise, but when I went to try and find out, I came across this article from which it sounds like the DRM isn't totally gone.

Oops, just reread your post - no music purchased from iTunes - scratch that idea then
    Last edited by ZemaTalon; 11-29-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Zammy
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    05:01 AM
    Flops, have you tried setting the software not to sync with the device, then manually moving a playlist (album) one at a time. That is what I had to do after the latest firmware update to both itunes and my ipod touch. I had to delete the albums that were on the ipod that wouldn't play then move them back on from itunes.

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
    Flops, have you tried setting the software not to sync with the device, then manually moving a playlist (album) one at a time. That is what I had to do after the latest firmware update to both itunes and my ipod touch. I had to delete the albums that were on the ipod that wouldn't play then move them back on from itunes.
    Don't quite follow this Zammy. Do you mean first disable auto-sync; then delete non-playing albums from I-Tunes; manually sync so faulty albums/playlists are removed from I-Phone then reload those albums onto I-Tunes and re-sync?

If that is so that's really very time consuming. I've done a bit of searching and it does seem there's a bit rate issue with Ios5 (latest I-Phone OS). Again, to solve this is very time consuming and frustrating but I guess if that's what it takes I'll have to bite the bullet.

I do not like to be negative but I-Tunes, and Apple for that matter, truly suck great big dangly ones imo

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Zammy
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    I'm sorry Flops, my wording was pretty bad. I deleted the playlists, (albums) from my ipod without it being hooked up to the computer. I then disabled sync in itunes, then hooked the ipod back to the computer and dropped the appropriate albums (playlists) back onto the ipod from itunes., I never deleted anything from itunes itself. I don't have an iphone but I assume it will work the same way. Time consuming and a pain in the arse for sure.

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

Thanks Zammy, I'll try that. Now all I have to do is find a time when daughter person is willing to give up the phone for a couple of hours, sometimes I think she's surgically attached to it

PooliiteeCally Derisive Bastage BitBender's Avatar
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Philip
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatLondonerDude
    I've done a bit of searching and it does seem there's a bit rate issue with Ios5 (latest I-Phone OS).
    And that's why I have consistently REFUSED to upgrade to IOS 5 when the fruckker is syncing and it asks...

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Spiggy Topes
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BitBender View Post
    And that's why I have consistently REFUSED to upgrade to IOS 5 when the fruckker is syncing and it asks...
    Ah, but that's because you have more savvy than your average youngster with an i-Phone who just sees the Apple invite to 'upgrade your software?' and hits the 'agree' button.

A few more experienced ones may Google to see about reported glitches but they are probably few and far between.

PooliiteeCally Derisive Bastage BitBender's Avatar
    Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Philip
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time
    04:01 AM
    Indeed, indeed. .But then again, I've had Windows go dead for no apparent reason after a "Service Pack" (The only thing that got serviced was me bung hole) and thus I've never trusted software since.. It seems like the more vital a component is to us, the more guarded we become as experience applies....

Threads

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Zammy
    Local Date
    10-31-2014
    Local Time

iPhone Explorer 0.9.110.4

I came across this yesterday while surfin around the web Floppy, don't know how useful this could be though. I've dl'd it but haven't installed yet.

"With the iPhone Explorer can you look into the file system of your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and down- and upload files by USB connection, regardless of file format. Within this function can use your iPhone/iPad/iPod as "external disk". The program supports also a direct access to the photos, emails, SMS, videos directories of the iPhone."

The main site is Here and the help page is Here